“Meditation brings wisdom; lack of meditation leaves ignorance. Know well what leads you forward and what holds you back, and choose the path that leads to wisdom.”
-Gautama Siddhartha aka Buddha
Benefits of Mindfulness and Meditation
- Reduction of stress and tension
- Increased clarity
- Gain more control over your own thoughts
- Detachment from situations (for more objectivity and less drama)
- Happiness and peace of mind
- Increased concentration
- Enhanced energy, strength, and vigor
- Builds self-confidence and helps one discover purpose in life
- Increased spontaneity and creativity
- Creates state of relaxation and general feeling of wellbeing
Proven Benefits of Practicing Gratitude
- Gratitude positively affects health – including increased sleep and sleep quality, pain reduction and increased physical activity
- Gratitude betters your career – helps you network, increases your decision making capabilities, increases your productivity
- Gratitude reduces feelings of envy, makes our memories happier, lets us experience good feelings, and helps us bounce back from stress
- Gratitude increases optimism. Optimism in turn makes us happier, improves our health, and has been shown to increase lifespan by as much as a few years
- Gratitude reduces materialism – the problem with materialism is that it makes people feel less competent, reduces feelings of relatedness and gratitude, reduces their ability to appreciate and enjoy the good in life, and generates negative emotions
- Gratitude makes us less self-centered – this is because the very nature of gratitude is to focus on others and on their acts of benevolence
- Gratitude increases our ability to bounce back from stress and other negative impacts we experience
- Gratitude and Appreciation increase our ability to hold an abundance mentality which in turn allows one to experience more abundance in all areas of life
Learn more about mindfulness meditation and practicing gratitude.
Interested in learning more about meditation, mindfulness, practicing gratitude and cultivating and abundance mentality? Angel can come to your company, small business or law firm to teach her meditation, mindfulness, gratitude and abundance mentality classes.
Continuing Legal Education Credits for Mindfulness Classes: If you are a law firm or an individual lawyer you can get Continuing Legal Education credits under APR 11 (f) 4 for classes are about personal development and mental health (it truly is a win-win!).
Classes offered (each can be tailored to one, two or three hour seminars for corporate retreats, lunch time engagement sessions or whatever you and your firm need to meet the schedules of your practitioners):
- Max Meditation System (TM) – Facilitated 20 minute to one-hour seated guided meditation sessions. Perfect meditation system for the business environment as it requires no prior experience from anyone, everyone is seated in chairs and the time frame can be tailored to any business need.
- Meditation and Mindfulness Class – Discussion on the benefits of mindfulness, ways to incorporate simple mindfulness techniques into a busy work and daily life, and the basics for setting up a space to incorporate 5 to 15 minutes of meditation into your life on a regular basis. Can include a guided meditation session with participants depending on time allotted.
- Introduction to the Gratitude Journal – Discussion on the benefits of gratitude to health and general well-being. What is a gratitude journal and how to do it. Setting up a structure to keep up a simple and effective gratitude journal practice.
- The Abundance Mindset: A win-win way to live – What is the Abundance Mindset as opposed to Scarcity Mindset? What benefits does having an Abundance Mindset have in your life, career and vocation (including the specific benefits to lawyers and other professions). Simple steps and techniques to cultivate an Abundance Mindset in your life and work.
- One-on-one wellness coaching – Are you a professional who takes on a lot of stress, other people’s challenges and problems? Do you just want to have more joy or sense of purpose in life? There are options to be explored for these and other questions, contact Angel for a consultation around personalized options for improved whole health and wellness.
Want to learn more about taking care of the physical and spiritual sides of yourself? Visit Angel Latterell’s other practice I Can Help with That! for more details on all the ways one empower and progress toward a joyful life through wellness, healing, metaphysics and meditation.